NYC Department of Transportation
EVENT COORDINATOR (Job ID: 174435)
Division/Work Unit: Sidewalk & Inspection Management/Office of Special Events
Work Location: 55 Water Street, New York, NY
Hours/Shift: 35 hours per week
New hire rate: $33,799 annual; Incumbent rate: $38,869 – $56, 249 annual
Includes but not all inclusive, serving as a project manager for a set number of events per month. Coordinate inspections for assigned events with assigned inspector; Act as liaison for the agency when attending meetings with other DOT divisions, City agencies, State agencies, utility companies, contractors and event producers to advise and ensure rules regulations and guidelines are adhered to regarding public safety; Oversee event planning and logistics on behalf of the agency; perform final inspection/walk through of event location(s) and route(s) with other DOT divisions, City agencies, State agencies, utility companies, contractors and event producers to ensure routes are safe and free of all sidewalk and roadway defects that fall under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Transportation.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above.
Possess a working knowledge of MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mapping software. Possess a good command of the English language; be detail oriented, and be comfortable speaking in public.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
RESUMES MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY USING ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- For current city employees, go to Employee Self Service (ESS), Recruiting Activities, Careers and search for Job ID# 174435.
- For all other applicants go to www.nyc.gov/careers and search for Job ID# 174435
- If you do not have access to a computer, most public libraries have computers available for use.
- Appointment will be subject to OMB approval. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Posting Date: 11/12/2014; Post Until: 11/26/2014
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer