BY AMANDA MOSES
In light of social distancing, this Mother’s Day many of us will have to be apart from our beloved female caregivers. Additionally, since we cannot simply go outside to a retail store and purchase a gift, we can still express our enamored affections for our mother, grandmothers, aunts, and other female family members virtually.
The Spring Creek Sun has complied a few gift ideas:
- Bring the spa home: Consider purchasing your mother’s favorite body wash, lotion, face mask, or bath time beauty items online. Personally, I ordered a few of my mother’s favorite perfumes, lotions, and body scrub from Victoria Secrets’ website. Perhaps your female guardian would enjoy a pedicure kit or massage machine from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Flowers: There are several flower and edible arrangement companies that are working to bring a bit of joy to people by providing contactless deliveries. Consider sending a bit of sunshine and the beautiful aroma of springtime bliss with roses, orchids, tulips, or lilies. If your mother is more inclined to have a sweet tooth, try ordering a gift basket with her favorite snacks (1-800 Flowers provides both plants and gift baskets).
- Clothing: Although spring is here, we are enjoying it’s sunny splendor indoors. In order to make your mother comfortable as we stay at home, maybe order some lounge wear so she can feel cozy and energized, instead of being tired by wearing pajamas all day. Old Navy and several other outlets have plenty of online sales at the moment, so you can even purchase some active wear for yoga or other indoor exercises.
- Technology: Staying entertained and connected is important to some families. Try ordering your mom a Kindle so that she can read E-books, or perhaps an iPad to work from home and FaceTime family members (along with a wide array of other applications). Computers and laptops can sometimes be expensive, so look into tablets at bestbuy.com or Amazon.
- Virtual cards: Children can still make their grandmothers cards virtually by either scanning or photographing it, or they can create it using various paint applications such as Cardsnacks, Pic Collage, or Mother’s Day Photo Frame. You can even make virtual scrapbooks or collages on your phones, tablets, and computers.