If you enjoy meatloaf as much as I do, you can never have enough recipes. Here’s one more quick, tasty and healthy recipe to add to your collection.
16 ounces extra-lean ground sirloin beef or turkey breast
15 reduced-fat butter crackers, made into crumbs
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat tomato soup
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, cracker crumbs, onion, carrots, black pepper and 1/3 cup tomato soup. Mix well to combine. Pat mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining tomato soup, mustard and parsley flakes. Evenly spread mixture over partially baked meatloaf. Continue baking for 30 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Each serving equals: 178calories, 6gfat, 16gprotein, 15gcarb., 300mg sodium, 1g fiber; Diabetic Exchanges: 2 Meat, 1 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable.
(c) 2015 King Features Synd., Inc.
Winter Vegetable Soup
1 large onion, chopped
3 medium (about 1 pound) potatoes; peeled and cut into quarters
2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes; peeled and cut into quarters
2 medium (about 1/2 pound) parsnips; peeled and each cut into 4 pieces
1 can (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
1/2 cup half-and-half, optional
- In 5-quart saucepot over medium heat, in hot salad oil, cook onion until tender. Stir in both kinds of potatoes, parsnips, chicken broth, salt and 4 1/2 cups water. Over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Spoon half of vegetable mixture into blender (with center part of cover removed) and blend until smooth; pour into bowl. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Return mixture to saucepan; add half-and-half; heat through. Garnish with parsley sprigs to serve, if you like. Serves 4.
Each serving: About 350 calories, 5g total fat, 10mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium.
For thousands of triple-tested recipes, visit our website at www.goodhousekeeping.com/recipefinder/
(c) 2015 Hearst Communications, Inc.; All rights reserved