Top Summer Reading List
Now that school is over and the weather is starting to get nice out, it’s the perfect time for parents to have their children reading over the summer to sharpen their minds and reading skills. There are many opportunities to pick up a good book and read. If you are planning a day trip, children can read while they are in the car, on a train or a bus. This will allow the children to have some reading time before they get to their destination. If you are sitting by the pool or relaxing at the beach, that is a perfect opportunity to do some reading and the Brooklyn Public Library has created a list of five top books to read during the summer.
1. SuperHero ABC by Bob McLeod – A superhero for each letter of the alphabet!
2. Frog and Friends: Frog Saves the Day by Eve Bunting – Raccoon, Rabbit, Squirrel, Possum, and a heroic frog share two exciting adventures.
3. Guinea Dog by Patrick Jennings – When your pet guinea pig thinks it’s a member of the dog family, its hijinks galore.
4. Changers Book One: Drew by T. Cooper & Allison Glock-Cooper – On his first morning of high school, freshman Ethan is shocked to find out he has changed into a girl.
5. Sisters by Raina Telgemeier – Take on road trip, add some annoying siblings, and stir in one escaped pet snake and you’ve got a vacation you won’t forget.
By Pamela Stern